- 8 hours/day, 6 days/week
- 1.5 years
- Expat & Chinese
Job Purpose / Principle Responsibilities:
– Work in Project department, and has overall responsibility for the timely and methodological construction of modules at module fabrication yard. Provide support and technical advice to Project Manager and ensuring all construction activities are constructed complying with client requirements in a professional manner.
– Familiar with AWP (Advance Work-Packs Planning) and supports the development of AWP packages.
– Working knowledge and experience in module constructions (onshore/ offshore).
– Managing the construction effort and being the construction representative of the Company with the Client.
Job Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
– Responsible for implementing project Safety and Quality goals within Construction Team.
– Providing input to the Project Execution Plan with regard to construction activities.
– Ensuring that constructability reviews are undertaken.
– Directing construction activities within the respective company construction yards or company satellite yards. Ensuring that the company’s safety policies and procedures are followed during the construction phase.
– Establishing contact with the key nominated personnel of the respective construction yards/ departments/ entities for the necessary follow up and expediting their respective deliverables for the Project.
– Coordinating with Deputy Project Manager (Project Control) for timely delivery of materials and drawings.
– Managing the interface between the respective groups from Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Client/ Customer.
– Coordinating and maintaining good relationship with the Client Construction Team.
– Planning, developing and organizing the construction effort to formulate the most cost-effective plan for timely completion within budget.
– Providing direction to the project engineers during work execution and making decisions in pursuit of the project objectives.
– Clearly delegating actions and responsibilities and defining construction deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to team members.
– Holding members of the construction team accountable for performance of their assigned tasks.
– Facilitating timely problem resolution with the construction team members.
– Reviewing the construction plan at least weekly in consultation with Production Department and other team members and confirming activities and manning requirements.
– Monitoring construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Providing recommendations and instituting measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/ work instructions.
– Monitoring and reporting project progress, risks, opportunities etc to Project Manager.
– Ensuring that all changes to specification, work scope and drawings are documented through Project Variation Management System are maintained by Project Discipline Engineers.
– Attending regular fabrication/ production meetings.
– Coordinates any Subcontract meeting with Project Commercial Manager and/or Deputy Project Manager (Project Control) and/or Project Manager.
– Ensuring that lessons learned for the Project are input to the system on an ongoing basis in conjunction with the Project Discipline Engineer.
– Providing input to the project close out report.
– Ensuring that all relevant lessons learned in the lessons learned database are identified and implemented on the project.
Job Holder Requirement Qualifications:
– Proficient in English, good working knowledge in Chinese is an additional advantage.
– Solid track record in working as deputy/ construction manager position in modular fabrication (onshore/offshore).
– High-level exposure to detailed design, and module construction site.
– A recognized degree in any Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
1. 10 to 15 years in Oil & Gas industry (onshore or offshore), Experience in FPSO/ Process Plant module fabrication is beneficial
2. Strong technical background, with minimum 10 years’ experience in construction and management
3. Thorough knowledge of industrial and regulatory module construction standards.
1.Ability to communicate in Chinese is an added advantage.
2.Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
3.Good organizational and leadership skills.
4.Familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
5.Basic understanding to read Primavera based schedules with logic constraints.
6.Able to handle fast pace, highly demanding requests